Version 1.2.2 | May 30, 2017
- Fixes a bug that could cause RE:Lens to crash (usually when working in 16 bits per channel).
Version 1.2.1 | March 29, 2017
- Fixes a bug where render-only floating licenses were not being properly checked out
Version 1.2 | February 1, 2017
- Added new spherical stabilizer feature to the following plug-ins: To LatLong, From LatLong and Superfish. For use in After Effects only.
- To LatLong: fixes bug that Longitude slider was disabled when converting Mirror Ball and Dome.
- From LatLong: fixes bug where Adaptive Flat display mode did not work properly
- From LatLong: Rotation orientation sign changed to match other plugins
- RE:Lens Superfish: removes the Orientation Preset Menu Option
- RE:Lens Superfish: if you use the stabilizer on an old project, must reset the orientation values you may have previously set.
- Fixes a crashing bug. (Developer note: in premult/straight conversions)
Version 1.1.4 | December 19, 2016
- Fixed a bug where turning on GPU resulted in green frames on Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) on some Mac models (mainly laptops).
Version 1.1.3 | October 7, 2016
- Fixes a problem where Show Source mode (Draw Circle Over Source) was incorrectly scaled when not at 100% viewing resolution.
- Defish: Fixes a problem that Auto-Scale method "Expand Viewport" did not properly work when output size was larger than input size.
- Superfish: Removes the Frame Edge Anti-Aliasing slider because it is no longer needed.
- Superfish: Fixes a problem where parts of the source image could be inappropriately visible after projection.
- Added an update checker for future version updating. The update check runs on the local machine, and must be manually run.
Version 1.1.2 | August 10, 2016
- Fixes a bug with GPU-accelerated version of Reframe
Version 1.1.1 | August 3, 2016
- Superfish and ToLatLong: V1.1 introduced an issue with where images could take 10 times longer than necessary to render.
- ToLatLong: Fixed problem when source had any transparency.
- Fixed a problem with all plug-ins that draw a circle over the source with images that are taller than they are wide.
Version 1.1.0 | July 29, 2016
- Support for Premiere added .
- GPU processing added: You will see most effect when applying filtering controls (mip map, sharpen, edge anti-aliasing).
- Improved interactive settings with on-screen controls for image circle radius and optical center X,Y. See manual for their use.
- Adds support for Stereographic fisheye lenses (as Samyang/Rokinon 8mm fisheye for example)
- Defish: Boolean checkbox Auto-Scale has been changed to a menu. This to be able to extend viewport (output image size) without scaling the result image to fit. The default value stays the same.
- Defish: Fish Mode: Improved supersampling at the edges. The amount of superampling on edges is controlled by the Frame Edge Aliasing setting. New code should be faster and more accurate at edge of frame.
- Defish: Scale X and Y been relabeled Warp Amount Scale X and Y to avoid confusion.
- Defish: FullFrame method: the FOV now scales the transform linearly. This method is completely different than in V1.0.
- Defish: Adds tilt and pan controls to better reframe and compose the final view.
- Defish: Frame Edge Anti-Aliasing is turned off now except in Pin Cushion / Fish Mode as for the other methods it's now handled automatically.
- Superfish: setting FOV less than 180 now works properly.
- Superfish: Adds a new setting to set intial orientation XYZ to facilitate animation for cases where the camera is not forward looking; for example, when the camera is pointing towards sky.
- Superfish: Add support for stereographic lenses (like the ones Rokinon, Samyang make).
- To LatLong: Hole Fill checkbox now is a menu.
- To LatLong: support to clamp to Radius or not.
- To LatLong: fixes FilterPole premultiply halo issue when image has tranparency.
- To LatLong: Added on-screen interaction checkbox (AE only).
- To LatLong: All orientations now go up and right for positive angle changes. This means projects started with v1.0 may need to have the signs of the angle settings inverted.
- To LatLong: Add support for stereographic lenses (such as Rokinon, Samyang make).
- From LatLong: Poor anti-aliasing issue fixed.
- RE:Lens From LatLong: Adds a new projection mode to better handle edge distortions with lower Focal Point.
- Curved Mirrors: Mirror Ball now defaults as expected to 180 degree hemisphere (what a real mirror ball would be). The Range Factor has been defaulted to 0.7, note that for Mirror Ball 0.5 now means 180 deg. Min allowed is smaller to allow small vertical FOV lens-mirrors to be representable. Note Radius now will crop the sphere. Miror Ball now uses FOV values.
- Curved Mirrors: Donut Mode has an additional Rotate around Y value of 90 degree to avoid starting looking outside the image.
- Chromatic Aberration: Now renders Overlay over result in mode Show Distortion Rings.
- Chromatic Aberration: More accurate warping when source image is not square.
- Reframe: Vignette now has independent Center X and Y offset to cleanup mis-aligned image circles.
- Reframe: Replaces the Vignette Method Feather by more useful Devignetting. Radius now has a different meaning than v1.0 and older projects will need this value reset.
Old Projects Warning for existing users:
Thanks to feedback from early adopters, our latest release has many additions and changes. Normally we maintain backward compatibility with new releases, but in this case it proved too difficult. If you have old projects you might want to stash your plugins in a safe place before updating (or finish your project). When loading projects made with v1.0, you will get a warning in After Effects that some parameters have changed, to save your project and reload. Make sure your render nodes are also updated as a project saved with V1.1. will not render correctly with 1.0.
Defish: Projects that were done with Auto-Scale set to off will need to reset this value because it's now a menu. Projects that used the FullFrame method will need to adjust the FOV value (or flip the method to Circular for a similar result).
ToLatLong: Old projects need to reset the Hole Fill setting if it was on. All modes now go up and right when you increment angles. This mainly affects the fisheye lens method: for example, the meaning of Longitude has flipped sign, so projects made with v1.0 will need to have Longitude's sign inverted.
Frame Edge Aliasing setting: GUI note, visual parameter displayed max is now 4 to avoid setting high by mistake – because the plug-in is compute intensive and Premiere does not support Cancel/Abort. The absolute maximums remains at 15 , but values higher than 4 will need to be typed instead of using the parameter slider. This affects Mirror, Superfish, Defish and ToLatLong (parameter Edges) – old projects that used large values will be slow on first render, adjust to a smaller value and you should be good – 4 is usually max we recommend – 3 is usually max you need.
Reframe: The controls for vignetting have been changed, the mode that feathers from edges has been removed and replaced by devignetting. Any old setup that feathers from the edges can be recreated with Circular method.
Superfish: Sign (positive or negative) of rotation angles inverted to match other tools.
Version 1.0.0 | March 30, 2016
- Initial release