RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the release of ReelSmart Motion Blur™ version 5 and Twixtor® version 6 with NVIDIA GPU support for: Adobe® After Effects®; Apple®; Final Cut Pro®; eyeon Fusion®; Avid® Media Composer®, Symphony® and Newscutter®; The Foundry Nuke™; Adobe Premiere Pro®; Assimilate Scratch®; and Sony® Vegas® Pro.
Speedups of up to 4x over the CPU version have been measured. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards such as the Quadro K5000, K6000 and GeForce GTX 680, 690, 770, 780, 780ti, Titan and Titan Black. However most NVIDIA GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration. Significant boosts also occur on laptops; for example, speedups of 1.4x to 3x have been measured with the GeForce GT 650M. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Twixtor creates highly engaging slow motion shots without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) automatically adds more natural-looking motion blur to a sequence. Proprietary tracking technology is at the heart of RSMB, so there is no handwork involved. Of course you can add as little or as much blurring as you need and even remove motion blur! This is a useful tool to give video a more film-like feel, and is also useful to reintroduce motion blur for blue or green screen shoots where a fast shutter is necessary to pull a good key. Also included in some RSMB versions is a feature that allows you to blur with user-supplied motion vectors that, most likely, will come from a 3D animation system (see the RE:Vision Effects website for which versions include this feature).
Availability and compatibility:
* Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, CS6 and CC.
* FCP X, 10.0.8 and up. Motion 5.0.7 and up.
* Media Composer v6 and up, Symphony v6 and up or NewsCutter v10 and up. 64-bit version required.
* Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d or later or Sony Movie Studio 11.0 and up. 64-bit version required.
* Nuke 5.1v2 and up. 64-bit version required.
* Assimilate Scratch v4 and up.
* eyeon Fusion 5.1 and up.
* For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
* For Windows: Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
* For Macintosh. Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 needed for GPU support, Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9 for the GPU mode of RSMB because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7. Macintosh OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is needed for Intel HD Graphics GPU support.
* For Linux: GPU with driver that supports OpenCL 1.1
* More detailed GPU info found at http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
* Twixtor pricing http://http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/pricing/
* ReelSmart Motion Blur pricing http://http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/pricing/
* Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com.
* Demo Twixtor download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/twixtor/
* Demo RSMB download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/downloads/
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received an Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a registered trademark and DE:Flicker, DE:Noise, Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Flex, RE:Map, RE:Match, ReelSmart Motion Blur, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.