RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the release of ReelSmart Motion Blur™ version 5 and Twixtor® version 6 with GPU support for eyeon Fusion® .
Speedups up to 3x on GPUs when using RSMB and Twixtor, already known for their speed, have been measured over running in CPU mode. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards and larger image sizes. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Twixtor creates highly engaging slow motion shots without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
ReelSmart Motion Blur (RSMB) automatically adds more natural-looking motion blur to a sequence. Proprietary tracking technology is at the heart of RSMB, so there is no handwork involved. Of course you can add as little or as much blurring as you need and even remove motion blur! This is a useful tool to give video a more film-like feel, and is also useful to reintroduce motion blur for blue or green screen shoots where a fast shutter is necessary to pull a good key. Also included in RSMB is a feature that allows you to blur with user-supplied motion vectors that, most likely, will come from a 3D animation system.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of RSMB and Twixtor that are used. Customers should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to RSMB v5 or Twixtor v6.
* For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
* Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
* More detailed GPU info found at http://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
Availability and compatibility
* Fusion 5.1 and up, 64-bit only.
* ReelSmart Motion Blur v5 Fusion-native node-locked license is $189.95. Floating License: $284.93.
* Twixtor v6 Fusion-native node-locked license is $665.00. Floating License: $997.50.
* Upgrade pricing available on website. Upgrade pricing info: RSMB Twixtor.
* Less expensive render-only pricing for RenderSlave usage. See pricing page.
* Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com.
* Demo RSMB download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/downloads/#eyeon
* Demo Twixtor download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/downloads/#eyeon
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received an Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a registered trademark and DE:Flicker, DE:Noise, Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Flex, RE:Map, RE:Match, ReelSmart Motion Blur, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.