RE:Vision Effects, Inc. adds multiprocessor support and other enhancements to the Avid and Digital Fusion versions of Twixtor and ReelSmart Motion Blur.
February 9, 2004. RE:Vision Effects today releases major upgrades for the Avid and Digital Fusion versions of TwixtorTM, their acclaimed retiming solution, and ReelSmartTM Motion Blur, their solution for adding motion blur as a post-process. Most notable: the products now see significant speedups on multiprocessor systems and the Macintosh versions of the Avid plugins now contain Altivec and G5 optimizations.
Twixtor is a plugin tool to speed up, slow down or frame rate convert your image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence… employing RE:Vision Effects’ proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel. ReelSmart Motion Blur applies more natural-looking motion blur with no effort by automatically tracking every pixel.
Features for the product updates:
* Multiprocessor support added. Users will see a significant speedup on multiprocessor machines.
* G5 and Altivec optimization added for Mac versions of the Avid plugins. Updates for Mac versions only available for Mac OS X.
Other Twixtor information:
* Current version is 3.0 (for both the Avid and Digital Fusion plugins).
* Avid version only supports the Twixtor “regular” features.
* The Avid version now contains all the Twixtor “regular” features, including motion sensitivity support. In addition, a few bugs have been fixed that could prevent Twixtor from working properly on interlaced material.
* The Digital Fusion version continues to have the feature set of Twixtor Pro, but has been upgraded to Twixtor 3 updates and speed increases.
Other ReelSmart Motion Blur information:
* Current versions are 2.0 for the Avid version and 2.1 for the Digital Fusion version.
Because the Twixtor for Avid version only supports the Twixtor “regular” features we have reduced the price to $329.95 for Twixtor for Avid. Twixtor Pro 3.0 for Digital Fusion is priced at $495.00. ReelSmart Motion Blur is priced at $134.95 for both Avid and Digital Fusion versions. Updates for the products are free for previous licensees of the Avid or Digital Fusion versions of Twixtor and ReelSmart Motion Blur.
The Digital Fusion plugins are compatible with Digital Fusion or DFX+ 3.1 or later. The Avid versions for Windows are compatible with Symphony 2.0 and later, Media Composer 9.0 and later, XPress 3.0 and later, XPress DV 1.5 and later. The Avid versions for Macintosh are compatible with Media Composer 12.0 and later, Symphony 5.0 and later, Xpress Pro 4.0 and later, Xpress DV 4.0 and later.
Twixtor and ReelSmart Motion Blur continue to be available for many other host applications. See website for details. Demo versions of the software and sample movies process with Twixtor and ReelSmart Motion Blur are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com.
Twixtor and ReelSmart are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects Inc.
All other brand names, product names, service marks, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.