RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces Twixtor 6 with NVIDIA GPU support for Adobe® After Effects®, Adobe Premiere Pro® and Apple® Final Cut Pro®. Create highly engaging slow motion shots with Twixtor without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
Speedups of up to 5x over the CPU version have been measured. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards such as the Quadro K5000, K6000 and GeForce GTX 680, 690, 780 and Titan. However most NVIDIA GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration. Significant boosts also occur on laptops; for example, speedups of 1.4x to 3x have been measured in Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, with the GeForce GT 650M.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
* GPU with 1G memory officially supported. GPUs with 500m can work for Twixtor, but are not officially supported.
* Driver for GPU must support OpenCL 1.1. Note that Mac OS 10.7 and up automatically provides this compatibility. On Windows, check with NVIDIA for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1
* After Effects CS5 or later
* Premiere Pro CS6 and up. Customers must have a GPU that is supported by Premiere Pro (Premiere Pro does not need to support the GPU in OpenCL mode, but it must support the GPU in either of the CUDA or OpenCL modes)
* Final Cut Pro 10.0.8 and up
* Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit
* Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 for GPU support. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7
* Twixtor 6: $329.95
* Twixtor Pro 6: $595.00
* Any previous version of Twixtor regular to v6: $82.49
* Any previous version of Twixtor Pro to v6: $149.95.
* More info here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/pricing
* Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a registered trademark and DE:Noise, Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Flex, RE:Map, RE:Match, ReelSmart Motion Blur, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.