Version 3.9.2a | November 26, 2021
- Updates documentation
- Updates REVisionActivate
Version 3.9.2 | November 8, 2021
- installer needed for Apple Monterey (macOS 12)
- Remember Video Gogh cannot work with AE 22 MFR enabled
Version 3.9.1.a | November 17, 2020
- installer needed for Apple Big Sur OS
Version 3.9.1 | December 27, 2019
- Support for render-only licensing working again
Version 3.9 | October 9, 2019
- Mac OSX - Catalina Ready
Version 3.8.2 | July 1, 2019
- Fixes a bug where Video Gogh (regular) does not render on Windows
- Fixes a bug where the activation did not work for render-only keys.
Version 3.8.1 | January 14, 2019
- Fixes a bug of crashing when activating or deactivating the license from within a plug-in.
Version 3.8 | December 3, 2018
- Implements new RE:Vision Effects licensing scheme.
Version 3.7.3 | January 23, 2017
- Fixes a crashing bug. (Developer note: in premult/straight conversions)
Version 3.7.2 | October 14, 2016
- Fixes a bug where proper installation rendered images with demo "X" watermark.
Version 3.7.1 | October 7, 2016
- Added an update checker for future version updating. The update check runs on the local machine, and must be manually run.
Version 3.7 | July 23, 2014
- Adds cross OS support with a single registration key.
- Last version to support AE 7.0, CS3 and CS4.
Version 3.6b | June 17, 2013
- Adds installer support for Adobe CC.
Version 3.6 | May 3, 2012
- Added changes necessary to work in Adobe CS6 applications
Version 3.5.5 | April 21, 2011
- Fixes a bug where Video Gogh can crash.
- Adds installer support for Adobe CS5.5 products.
Version 3.5.4 | January 7, 2011
- Fixed a problem where floating license capability for Effections floating license was not being seen in Windows version.
Version 3.5.3 | July 20, 2010
- Adds floating license capability for Effections floating license purchases.
Version 3.5.2 | July 19, 2010
- Fixed a serious crashing bug with projects with Video Gogh or Video Gogh Pro.
- Fixed a memory leak problem.
Version 3.5 | April 19, 2010
- Video Gogh runs faster than previous versions.
- After Effects CS5 compatibility added.
Version 3.0.3 | June 24, 2009
- Fixed a bug where colors were not properly randomized in the Macintosh version, causing inconsistencies when rendering the same project on Mac and Win.
- For CS4 AE users, multi-processing in AE is now automatically turned off for the comp by the effect (previous versions of Video Gogh only properly did this in CS3). This bug fixes an issue when AE's multi-processing preferences is on, where RAM preview and render queue items could calculate frames out of sequence.
Version 3.0.2 | November 24, 2008
- Fixed a bug where After Effects on Windows reported "AFter Effects effect-Video Gogh has PiPL mismatch. Code version 3.0 (180800). (25: : 16)"
Version 3.0.1 | October 7, 2008
- Fixed a problem where certain settings were not accessible and remained disabled from within combustion.
Version 3.0 | August 29, 2008
- Initial 3.0 release
- Added better support for brushes that are added during a pan or zoom or other situations where objects are moving onto screen from offscreen.
- Better randomization of brushes upon initial placement of strokes
- Added 16-bit support.
- Added support for user-defined brushes (including animated brushes).
- Added more control over motion tracking via the option to specify alternative motion sources.
- Added more control over brush orientation via he option to specify alternative direction sources.
- Added more brush rendering modes for the user-defined brushes, including the ability to render the brushes directly as sprites.
- Added a more advanced method of rendering that maintains the per-pixel opacity of the original source image.
- Added more controls over brush stroke "birth" and "death" rates.
- Added the ability to turn off the automatic clipping of brush strokes to edges found in the image.
- Added the ability to paint the brush stroked directly over the source image.
- Added the ability to immediately destroy brushes if they land in an area of the source image that is completely transparent.
- Added the ability to auto-crop custom brushes to the bounding box where alpha is not zero. This allows you to create brushes and not worry if their shape extends exactly to the edge of the custom brush image.
- Added the ability to control how much brush width is varied from brush to brush.
Version 2.8.1 | June 25, 2007
- Fixed a bug in combustion where scanlines of the processed image are not all rendered. This happens when there are thumbnails or filmstrips displayed. Video Gogh needs to see the same size image from frame-to-frame to properly track the brushes, so you'll still need to make sure you do not display thumbnails or filmstrips (because calculating a thumbnail between each full-sized frame causes a problem where the plugin can't properly track brushes from frame to frame, so the resulting animation with jump inappropriately). If the plugin sees that you have thumbnails or filmstrips displayed it will now warn you to turn those off.
Version 2.8 | May 25, 2006
- The significantly better tracking of Twixtor 4.5 has been incorporated into Video Gogh.
- Added Intel support for Final Cut Pro. Read about limitations.
- On the Macintosh, for all applications except Final Cut Pro you need to delete the previous Video Gogh plugin in your plugins folder, because the name of the plugin files have been changed
- On the Macintosh users of After Effects 7.0 or later will see a significant improvement on G5 CPUs running Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger).
Version 2.7 | May 13, 2003
- Significant speedups for users with a G4 (Macintosh) CPU, up to 33% time savings
- Smaller speedups for Windows and Mac non-G4 users
- Macintosh version now requires a G3 or G4 CPU and Mac OS 9.1 or later.
- Fixed a bug that caused Video Gogh to unnecessarily "pop" when animating brush stroke size.
- Fixed a bug that caused Video Gogh to crash in Premiere 6.0.
- Revamped to work with Adobe Premiere 6.0
- Fixes a bug that causes crashing with Discreet combustion.
- About 20% faster
- Much better tracking.
- Fixed problems with rendering coming to a halt for no seemingly good reason.
- The Video Gogh v. 2.1 After Effects-compatible plugin now conforms to the After Effects 3.1 standard, which means it will work with After Effects 3.1, 4.0 and 4.1. Furthermore, it continues to work with Commotion, Final Cut Pro, and now works with Discreet's effect
- Much better tracking.
- 2 to 3 times faster than 2.0.2.
- Supports draft/best modes for layer rendering
- 2.0.2 fixed a memory bug that can crash After Effects (and perhaps your Mac as well).