RE:Vision Effects, Inc. releases Twixtor version 3.0.
RE:Vision Effects today released Twixtor version 3.0. Twixtor enables users to speed up, slow down image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence… employing the next generation of RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
DV magazine has called Twixtor “amazing” and “a must-have for any toolkit.”
Previous versions of Twixtor supported:
* Calculation of motion vectors at each pixel
* Warping and interpolation of frames to “time warp” input footage
* Smart processing of fields in the input and output as appropriate
* Stretching of a sequence using a single scaling parameter
* Keyframeable retiming for complete control on a frame by frame basis
* Foreground and background separation using a specified matte. Twixtor uses proprietary filling and tracking techniques when working on the background layer, even when it is obscured by the foreground!
Twixtor Pro 3.0 adds significant new functionality by giving the user more options to guide Twixtor on problematic footage. With Twixtor Pro 3.0, users can:
* Help Twixtor Pro disambiguate the motion of multiple objects, specifying up to 3 foreground layers.
* Use up to 12 tracking points to help guide Twixtor Pro’s motion estimation. By using the tracking points, users can explicitly tell Twixtor where a pixel moves from one frame to the next in order to guide Twixtor Pro’s calculation of motion vectors. Users can set the position of each point at each frame by hand, but more importantly, these points can be positioned from frame-to-frame using the host application’s point-tracking features.
* When Twixtor Pro exhibits tracking problems, users can also guide Twixtor by simply creating and animating shapes to show Twixtor Pro where objects are actually moving. Interactive feature registration is directed through the host program’s drawing and roto tools (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points! As such, there is no new interface to learn!
Twixtor 3.0 is available in an After Effects plugin version for Adobe After Effects, Discreet combustion, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle Systems Commotion. The regular version is priced at $329.99 and the Twixtor Pro version is $595.00. Upgrades from the regular version to the Pro version are $265.00 and upgrades from Pro 2.0 to Pro 3.0 are $100.00.
Twixtor Pro is also available as a Shake plugin and is priced at $795.00 for a full license and $318.00 for render-only licenses. Upgrades from the previous versions are available for $300.00 for a full license upgrade and $120.00 for a render-only license upgrade.
Twixtor Pro 2.0 continues to be supported as a Discreet Spark, priced at $695.00, and as a native eyeon Digital Fusion plugin, priced at $495.00.
See the website for which host applications support which Twixtor features.
Come by and see a demo of Twixtor 3 at NAB 2003. We are in the Adobe Partner Pavilion (SL2507).
Demo versions, sample footage and tutorials are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com.