DE:Noise handles spurious frame-to-frame defects ranging from fine digital and electronic noise to blotchy spots (e.g. dirt on the film). DE:Noise combines proprietary motion estimation (optical flow) techniques with feature-sensitive, edge-preserving spatial filtering methods to reduce the visual impact of various problems such as: noisy video (that can happen with low-light capture), excessive film grain, CG renders affected by ray-tracing sampling artifacts, fingerprints and dust captured during film scan/transfer and printing, snow, drop-outs and many other defects.
Features of DE:Noise:
* Pre-processing contrast controls to help enhance the noise for easier elimination.
* Smart spatial filtering controls that allow for the spatial smoothing of noise without smoothing over important features in the image sequence.
* 8 different temporal filtering methods that uses motion estimation (via optical flow) to correlate images over time in order to reduce noise and other artifacts.
* Post-processing to help punch up the result or to undo the preprocessing contrast enhancement.
* Post sharpening option for when the denoising process makes the result softer than desired.
* 8 bits per channel (bpc) support within Premiere Pro, up to 16bpc support in Autodesk Combustion and Eyeon Fusion, and unclamped floating point support in After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro and Apple Motion.
Availability and compatibility
* DE:Noise is available as an After Effects-compatible plugin for Adobe After Effects 5.0 and up, Adobe Premiere Pro 2 and up, Autodesk Combustion 3 and up and eyeon Digital Fusion/DFX+ 4.04e and eyeon Fusion/Vision 5 and up.
* DE:Noise is available as an FxPlug plugin for Final Cut Pro 6 and up, or Motion 3 and up.
* Full versions are priced at $149.95. SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF $99.95 through Sept 30, 2007.
* Render-only licenses are priced at $29.99. Render only licenses are for use with After Effects’, combustion’s and Fusion’s render-only programs (aerender, backburner, and Render-Slave respectively) and the render-only version of Fusion. Note that the render-only licenses only work on projects written with a full license (so you must have at least one full license for the render-only licenses to be valid).
* Our Effections bundles for After Effects, Combustion, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Fusion will now include DE:Noise. Effections "regular" for After Effects, Premiere Pro, combustion, Final Cut Pro is now priced at $889.95 (formerly $849.95). Effections Plus for After Effects and Fusion will remain at their current pricing of $1199.95 and $1399.95, respectively.
* Customers who purchased Effections for Combustion, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or After Effects since June 1, 2007 can upgrade for $40 to the current Effections package which includes DE:Noise.
* Customers who purchased Effections Plus for After Effects or Effections for Fusion since June 1, 2007 will be upgraded to the new bundles (which include DE:Noise) for free.
* Volume discounts available. Contact email@example.com.
Come see DE:Noise and the rest of RE:Vision Effects product line at SIGGRAPH, booth 321, August 7 through 9, 2007 in San Diego. For more information on SIGGRAPH visit the SIGGRAPH website.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com .
DE:Noise is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.