RE:Vision Effects today released its acclaimed DE:Noise plugin set for Nuke, Fusion and Toxik. DE:Noise is a plugin set that removes excessive noise and artifacts in one easy-to-use tool. It handles spurious frame-to-frame defects ranging from fine digital and electronic noise to blotchy spots (e.g. dirt on the film). DE:Noise combines proprietary motion estimation (optical flow) techniques with feature-sensitive, edge-preserving spatial filtering methods to reduce the visual impact of various problems such as: noisy video (that can happen with low-light capture), excessive film grain, prefiltering noisy greenscreens before keying, CG renders affected by ray-tracing sampling artifacts, dust captured during film scan/transfer and printing, snow, drop-outs and many other defects.
Features of DE:Noise:
* Pre-processing contrast controls to help enhance the noise for easier elimination.
* Smart spatial filtering controls that allow for the spatial smoothing of noise without smoothing over important features in the image sequence.
* 8 different temporal filtering methods that uses motion estimation (via optical flow) to correlate images over time in order to reduce noise and other artifacts.
* Post-processing to help punch up the result or to undo the preprocessing contrast enhancement.
* Post sharpening option for when the denoising process makes the result softer than desired.
* Unclamped floating point support in applications that support it.
* A way to mark segments to avoid problems with flashes and other discontinuities.
Availability and compatibility for the OFX version of DE:Noise:
* DE:Noise is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and up, Windows 32 and 64 bit (XP or Vista) and Linux 32 and 64 bit.
* DE:Noise has been tested in The Foundry Nuke 5.1 and up, eyeon Fusion 5.2 and up, and Autodesk Toxik 2008 and up. Other hosts that support OFX plugins may work, but please try out the demo before purchasing.
Pricing for the OFX version of DE:Noise:
* Full version node-locked licenses are priced at $189.95. Floating licenses are priced at $284.93.
* Render-only node-locked licenses are priced at $44.95, and render-only floating licenses are priced at $67.43.
* DE:Noise OFX is now included in Effections for Fusion, version 9.
* Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DE:Noise continues to be available for After Effects, combustion, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Motion. See website for pricing and compatibility.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com/
DE:Noise is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.