RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the release of Twixtor Pro for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X.
Create highly engaging slow motion shots with Twixtor without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence… employing RE:Vision’s proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
“Final Cut Pro X users have been requesting Twixtor Pro support for some time now, and we have worked diligently to give users the rich experience and results they expect from Twixtor,” says Pete Litwinowicz, President of RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
Twixtor Pro adds the following features to Twixtor regular:
* Twixtor Pro allows mattes to be used to disambiguate the motion of multiple objects, specifying up to 3 foreground layers.
* Twixtor Pro uses up to 12 hand-animated points to help guide Twixtor Pro’s motion estimation. By using the tracking points, users can explicitly tell Twixtor where a pixel moves from one frame to the next in order to guide Twixtor Pro’s calculation of motion vectors.
Twixtor Pro version 5.3 is supported within Final Cut Pro (FCP) X, version 10.0.4 and up. Twixtor regular continues to be support for FCP X, but now also requires FCP version 10.0.4.
Availability and compatibility:
* FCP X, 10.0.4 and up.
* FCP 6.0.3 and up, FCP 7 and up.
* Twixtor Pro v5 for FCP X: $595.00.
* Twixtor v5 for FCP X: $329.95.
* For those already owning licenses of Twixtor Pro v5 for FCP 6 and 7, the upgrade for Twixtor Pro for FCP X is free.
* Volume discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloads and Tutorials:
* Demo version download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/downloads/#fcp
* Tutorial: http://help.revisionfx.com/album/28/
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Express, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Apple Shake, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Final Cut Pro and Apple are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.