RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the release of RE:Flex™ version 5 with GPU support for Adobe® After Effects®.
RE:Flex provides superior morphing and warping for After Effects. RE:Flex uses both open and closed splines for its free-form interface rather than a mesh-based solution. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses After Effects’ own drawing and masking tools to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface.
RE:Flex is the first morphing solution that combines hand feature-matching with automatic image registration. After aligning the hand matched shapes, RE:Flex uses the tracking found in Twixtor® to automatically align the non-handmatched parts of the image; so in many cases less handwork is required.
Speedups up to 3x on GPUs when using RE:Flex have been measured over running RE:Flex in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Availability and compatibility:
* Adobe After Effects CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC and CC (2014).
* For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
* For Windows: Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
* For Macintosh. Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 needed for GPU support, Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9 for the GPU mode of RE:Flex because the GPU drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7. Macintosh OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is needed for Intel HD Graphics GPU support.
* More detailed GPU info found at https://revisionfx.com/support/faqs/generalfaqs/gpu-info/.
* RE:Flex is priced at $595.00. Upgrade and lower-priced render farm pricing can be found here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/reflex/pricing/#after_effects.
* Volume discounts and floating licenses also available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demo and Tutorials:
* Demo RE:Flex download: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/reflex/downloads/#after_effects
* Tutorials can be found at http://help.revisionfx.com/album/24/
About RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
RE:Vision Effects is software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received an Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
RE:Vision Effects media contact: email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook, or Twitter @revisionfx.
RE:Vision Effects plug-ins are available for Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Eyeon Fusion, Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion, The Foundry’s Nuke, Adobe Premiere Pro, Autodesk 3ds Max/Maya Composite, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Systems (Sparks), Autodesk SoftImage, Quantel genQ and others.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor is a registered trademark and DE:Flicker, DE:Noise, Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Flex, RE:Map, RE:Match, ReelSmart Motion Blur, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.