RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces the release of RE:Match® v2 for Adobe® After Effects® and Adobe® Premiere Pro®, taking intuitive color matching to a whole new level by addressing common color problems when using multiple shots and/or multiple cameras.
For general multicam shoots RE:Match matches, as best it can, one sequence’s color appearance to match that of another. For stereo pairs, RE:Match Pro can further refine the overall color match by taking into account that the two views are captured at the same time with a relatively small distance between the views. In addition, RE:Match is also able to propagate color changes into areas that are present in only one view. RE:Match can also make other details, such as reflections, specular highlights, and lens flares be consistent between the two views.
Let RE:Match simplify your color grading tasks! Use it by itself, or use it to get shots more consistent before applying more creative color correction. RE:Match is very powerful and easy to use; however setup of the plug-in requires some easy-to-follow steps, so it is worth watching our tutorial.
Features of RE:Match v2
- NEW in v2! Color Matrix Estimation mode for often better results right away.
- NEW in v2! Improved the UI to provide more options for specifying regions to match.
- NEW in v2! Better ways to correct only luminance, hue and saturation separately.
- NEW in v2! New way to animate correction settings by setting key frames along time, great for shot to shot hard color difference smoothing at cut point.
- NEW in v2! Fixes orange frame issue in Premiere when main input is not same size as sequence.
- NEW in v2! Compatible with projects created with RE:Match v1.
- Ability to globally color correct one sequence to match another.
- Ability to set a color correction using a particular point in time of the sequence to match.
- Ability to globally color correct individually for each pair of frames in both sequences. This is good for synched multi-cam or stereo shoots.
- Ability to store a color correction between two images and use that correction for all frames of a sequence.
- Ability to dissolve between two different color corrections over a period of time.
- Ability to perform automatic global (whole image) color correction based on a smaller window of pixels for each of the image sequences.
- Works well with over bright values and very wide dynamic ranges.
Features of RE:Match Pro
- NEW in V2! Takes into account a wider baseline, such as two cameras side by side but not in a S3D configuration, or with slightly different zoom.
- Matching for stereo pairs takes advantage of internal per-pixel registration using optical flow methods.
- Stereo pair matching takes into account occlusions.
- Stereo pair matching takes into account that the two images may not have corresponding details at some of the edges of the frame.
- Stereo matching has controls for making details, such as reflections, lens flares and specular highlights match between the two views.
- Methods provided to remove or attenuate on-lens artifacts (such as water drops on a lens).
- Because RE:Match uses internal pixel registration, stereo matching does not require image alignment prior to use.
- Compatible with After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6 and up.
- RE:Match is $89.95
- New pricing for RE:Match Pro is $189.95.
- Upgrade price for RE:Match is $29.97
- The upgrade price is FREE for RE:Match PRO v1 users
Download or purchase
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision Effects is a software development company focused on providing innovative software to create, modify, control, and enhance digital video imagery at the highest quality. Their products have a broad range of applications and are currently used in every phase of television, motion picture, internet and visual effects industries. The company supplies its cutting edge software through partnerships and direct sales for a large segment of customers ranging from at-home editors, wedding and other live event videographers, industrial video providers to those creating high-end effects for commercials, broadcast TV and big-budget films. The founders received a 2006 Academy Award for Technical Achievement for the design and development of this affordable, user-friendly RE:Vision family of software products.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com
Twixtor, DE:Noise, ReelSmart Motion Blur, RE:Map, RE:Match and RE:Flex are registered trademarks and Effections, FieldsKit, PV Feather, RE:Fill, RE:Lens, Shade/Shape, SmoothKit, and Video Gogh are trademarks of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks, company names and products are the property of their respective holders. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.