Version 2.3.1 | May 26, 2021
- RE:Lens Reframe was not performing correctly with AE beta MFR
Version 2.3 | May 20, 2021
- Initial Support for AE MFR (Multiple Frame Rendering) beta
- Known issue: On certain multi-GPU systems, you must turn off the Enable hardware acceleration checkbox in Import Preferences with AE beta to benefit from multi-GPU acceleration.
Version 2.2.2a | November 17, 2020
- installer needed for Apple Big Sur OS
Version 2.2.2 | November 9, 2020
- GPU processing was ignored in Premiere
Version 2.2.1 | July 6, 2020
- Trial version could crash on Windows
Version 2.2 | June 8, 2020
- Fix support for 180 deg equirectangular in ToLatLong
- Stabilizer in 16 bpc project would not produce as good results as in 8 or 32b float.
- Fix sampling issue at edges with 360 video
Version 2.1.2 | October 17, 2019
- Superfish: Export UV not working properly in 16 bpc.
Version 2.1.1 | October 16, 2019
- Chromatic Aberration Display LAB was wrong (and some internal processing).
Version 2.1 | October 9, 2019
- Source center was not working when lens type is Equisolid.
- FromLatLong: In Premiere, not all options were showing with some projections. And in AE, scale of Unflatten parameter was wrong.
- Superfish, To and From Latlong (AE/Premiere): Distort parameter now goes from -100 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 which is needed for some lenses.
- Mac OSX - Catalina Ready
- Intel Embedded Graphics support fix
- On some computers initialization could return embedded graphics card instead of discrete card
- Import Premiere project in AE with our plugins, there was a parameter offset
Version 2.0.2 | January 14, 2019
- Fixes a bug of crashing when activating or deactivating the license from within a plug-in.
Version 2.0.1 | January 10, 2019
- Fixes a bug where the stabilization tracking would either hang, or take "forever".
Version 2.0 | December 17, 2018
- Initial 2.0 release
- NEW: Fisheye to Fisheye, you can now stabilize super wide angle fisheye and render a new fisheye out
- NEW: LatLong (Equirectangular) to Fisheye (with output FOV option), great for Dome Production and hybrid fisheye - latlong workflows.
- NEW: LatLong to Little Planet
- NEW: Equisolid fisheye lens support now sports two Undistort controls to help you better represents more arbitrary fisheye lens curvature
- NEW: Option for projection-adaptive sharpening now available in FromLatLong
- NEW: ToLatLong now handles 180 or 360 degree (input and output) specification.
- NEW: ToLatLong and Superfish, Flatten control now allows you to control the Y distortion separately. This is helpful when rendering very wide field of view.
Defish plugin relabeled Ultra-Wide to deambiguate what does what for new users. Chromatic Aberration plugin – Exclusion matte renamed Correction Matte which is a better descriptor. Mirror (donut shape images) deprecated, still available but development stopped.
Version 1.5.1 | October 19, 2018
- Fixes a crashing bug when using GPU-acceleration on machines with more than one nVidia GPU.
Version 1.5 | November 7, 2017
- RE:Lens v1.5: Version 1.5 is, in general, not compatible with pre-v1.5 projects. If you made projects you should make a backup of the old version of the plug-in set (plug-in location info). Te previous version is also available for download in the Previous Versions section of the website (download previous version).
- RE:Lens Defish : Removes the "Maintain Ratio" setting because it is not useful anymore (handled internally by software).
- RE:Lens Superfish: Fixes a bug where the Orientation angles setup was not consistent with other plug-ins in RE:Lens. Results in 1.5 will be completely different than previous versions of RE:Lens.
- RE:Lens ToLatLong: Fixes a bug where selecting Fisheye Equidistant produced Fisheye Equisolid results, and vice-versa
- RE:Lens ToLatLong: Fixes a bug where Fisheye sources (all 3 types) gave incorrect and shaky results when rotation angles were used with stabilization
- RE:Lens ToLatLong,FromLatLong,Superfish: Fixes a bug when tracking for stabilization is performed a second time that the keyframes for the Stab Mode setting were added to, instead of replaced.
- RE:Lens FromLatLong: Interaction now follows your mouse position so you can place interactively the projected view in the mode that allows you to see where you are projecting in LatLong
- RE:Lens To and From LatLong: When sandwiching (on and off) these two plugins to create an intermediate flat view to for example paint, the 3 rotation angles of FromLatLong are now the opposite (negative) of ToLatLong, to be consistent.
- All plugins: Latitude is no longer clamped to –90 to 90.
- RE:Lens ToLatLong: Fixes Edge Antialiasing when going form Flat to LatLong.
- RE:Lens Defish: Fixes a problem where edge anti-aliasing was not performing correctly.
- RE:Lens Defish: Fixes mip-mapping smoothing issues with images that had transparent areas.
- RE:Lens Superfish: Fixes mip-mapping smoothing issues with images that had transparent areas.
- RE:Lens ToLatLong: Fixes a problem where Export UV, in 16 bpc, could be wrong.
Version 1.2.5 | September 25, 2017
- Fixes a bug In FromLatLong and ToLatlong where moving a "stab mode" key-frame location in the timeline could generate a very long wait or even a crash.
Version 1.2.4 | August 1, 2017
- Fixes a bug with the spherical stabilizer where the start and end frames when using "Track" were not properly retrieved from After Effects
Version 1.2.3 | June 30, 2017
- Fixes a bug in the plug-ins that support our spherical stabilization that produces wrong results, and can even cause a crash, when the in and out points of the layer were changed prior to tracking
Version 1.2.2 | May 30, 2017
- Fixes a bug that could cause RE:Lens to crash (usually when working in 16 bits per channel).
Version 1.2.1 | March 29, 2017
- Fixes a bug where render-only floating licenses were not being properly checked out
Version 1.2 | February 1, 2017
- Added new spherical stabilizer feature to the following plug-ins: To LatLong, From LatLong and Superfish. For use in After Effects only.
- To LatLong: fixes bug that Longitude slider was disabled when converting Mirror Ball and Dome.
- From LatLong: fixes bug where Adaptive Flat display mode did not work properly
- From LatLong: Rotation orientation sign changed to match other plugins
- RE:Lens Superfish: removes the Orientation Preset Menu Option
- RE:Lens Superfish: if you use the stabilizer on an old project, must reset the orientation values you may have previously set.
- Fixes a crashing bug. (Developer note: in premult/straight conversions)
Version 1.1.4 | December 19, 2016
- Fixed a bug where turning on GPU resulted in green frames on Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) on some Mac models (mainly laptops).
Version 1.1.3 | October 7, 2016
- Fixes a problem where Show Source mode (Draw Circle Over Source) was incorrectly scaled when not at 100% viewing resolution.
- Defish: Fixes a problem that Auto-Scale method "Expand Viewport" did not properly work when output size was larger than input size.
- Superfish: Removes the Frame Edge Anti-Aliasing slider because it is no longer needed.
- Superfish: Fixes a problem where parts of the source image could be inappropriately visible after projection.
- Added an update checker for future version updating. The update check runs on the local machine, and must be manually run.
Version 1.1.2 | August 10, 2016
- Fixes a bug with GPU-accelerated version of Reframe
Version 1.1.1 | August 3, 2016
- Superfish and ToLatLong: V1.1 introduced an issue with where images could take 10 times longer than necessary to render.
- ToLatLong: Fixed problem when source had any transparency.
- Fixed a problem with all plug-ins that draw a circle over the source with images that are taller than they are wide.
Version 1.1.0 | July 29, 2016
- Support for Premiere added .
- GPU processing added: You will see most effect when applying filtering controls (mip map, sharpen, edge anti-aliasing).
- Improved interactive settings with on-screen controls for image circle radius and optical center X,Y. See manual for their use.
- Adds support for Stereographic fisheye lenses (as Samyang/Rokinon 8mm fisheye for example)
- Defish: Boolean checkbox Auto-Scale has been changed to a menu. This to be able to extend viewport (output image size) without scaling the result image to fit. The default value stays the same.
- Defish: Fish Mode: Improved supersampling at the edges. The amount of superampling on edges is controlled by the Frame Edge Aliasing setting. New code should be faster and more accurate at edge of frame.
- Defish: Scale X and Y been relabeled Warp Amount Scale X and Y to avoid confusion.
- Defish: FullFrame method: the FOV now scales the transform linearly. This method is completely different than in V1.0.
- Defish: Adds tilt and pan controls to better reframe and compose the final view.
- Defish: Frame Edge Anti-Aliasing is turned off now except in Pin Cushion / Fish Mode as for the other methods it's now handled automatically.
- Superfish: setting FOV less than 180 now works properly.
- Superfish: Adds a new setting to set intial orientation XYZ to facilitate animation for cases where the camera is not forward looking; for example, when the camera is pointing towards sky.
- Superfish: Add support for stereographic lenses (like the ones Rokinon, Samyang make).
- To LatLong: Hole Fill checkbox now is a menu.
- To LatLong: support to clamp to Radius or not.
- To LatLong: fixes FilterPole premultiply halo issue when image has tranparency.
- To LatLong: Added on-screen interaction checkbox (AE only).
- To LatLong: All orientations now go up and right for positive angle changes. This means projects started with v1.0 may need to have the signs of the angle settings inverted.
- To LatLong: Add support for stereographic lenses (such as Rokinon, Samyang make).
- From LatLong: Poor anti-aliasing issue fixed.
- RE:Lens From LatLong: Adds a new projection mode to better handle edge distortions with lower Focal Point.
- Curved Mirrors: Mirror Ball now defaults as expected to 180 degree hemisphere (what a real mirror ball would be). The Range Factor has been defaulted to 0.7, note that for Mirror Ball 0.5 now means 180 deg. Min allowed is smaller to allow small vertical FOV lens-mirrors to be representable. Note Radius now will crop the sphere. Miror Ball now uses FOV values.
- Curved Mirrors: Donut Mode has an additional Rotate around Y value of 90 degree to avoid starting looking outside the image.
- Chromatic Aberration: Now renders Overlay over result in mode Show Distortion Rings.
- Chromatic Aberration: More accurate warping when source image is not square.
- Reframe: Vignette now has independent Center X and Y offset to cleanup mis-aligned image circles.
- Reframe: Replaces the Vignette Method Feather by more useful Devignetting. Radius now has a different meaning than v1.0 and older projects will need this value reset.
Old Projects Warning for existing users:
Thanks to feedback from early adopters, our latest release has many additions and changes. Normally we maintain backward compatibility with new releases, but in this case it proved too difficult. If you have old projects you might want to stash your plugins in a safe place before updating (or finish your project). When loading projects made with v1.0, you will get a warning in After Effects that some parameters have changed, to save your project and reload. Make sure your render nodes are also updated as a project saved with V1.1. will not render correctly with 1.0.
Defish: Projects that were done with Auto-Scale set to off will need to reset this value because it's now a menu. Projects that used the FullFrame method will need to adjust the FOV value (or flip the method to Circular for a similar result).
ToLatLong: Old projects need to reset the Hole Fill setting if it was on. All modes now go up and right when you increment angles. This mainly affects the fisheye lens method: for example, the meaning of Longitude has flipped sign, so projects made with v1.0 will need to have Longitude's sign inverted.
Frame Edge Aliasing setting: GUI note, visual parameter displayed max is now 4 to avoid setting high by mistake – because the plug-in is compute intensive and Premiere does not support Cancel/Abort. The absolute maximums remains at 15 , but values higher than 4 will need to be typed instead of using the parameter slider. This affects Mirror, Superfish, Defish and ToLatLong (parameter Edges) – old projects that used large values will be slow on first render, adjust to a smaller value and you should be good – 4 is usually max we recommend – 3 is usually max you need.
Reframe: The controls for vignetting have been changed, the mode that feathers from edges has been removed and replaced by devignetting. Any old setup that feathers from the edges can be recreated with Circular method.
Superfish: Sign (positive or negative) of rotation angles inverted to match other tools.
Version 1.0.0 | March 30, 2016
- Initial release