RE:Vision Effects announces ReelSmart? Shade/Shape, an After Effects plugin that turns 2D elements into 3D rendered artwork! Using the matte channel, Shade/Shape gives imagery volume and depth without the hassle of 3D modeling. ReelSmart Shade/Shape generates 3D models from 2D graphical and picture elements using RE:Vision’s powerful and proprietary shading-from-shape technology. The models are then lit and rendered in true 3D! Further detailing may be added to the 3D models by applying reflection and bump maps. As 2D elements merge and split in a sequence, ReelSmart Shade/Shape automatically merges and splits the geometry in an intuitve fashion!
ReelSmart Shade/Shape works in programs that supports After Effects plug-ins such as After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Commotion and Combustion.
Shade/Shape is great for:
* Adding depth, shading and metallic luster to titles and logos
* Developing cool effects and abstract transitions
* Soft shading on 2D hand-drawn animation
* Adding natural 3D shading to existing image sequences
* Automatic 3D model creation
* 3D lighting and rendering
* Bump mapping
* Reflection mapping
* Stable and smooth-over-time shading produced for moving imagery.
ReelSmart Shade/Shape is available for both Macintosh and Windows and is priced at just $89.95.
Demo material and software are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com.