RE:Vision Effects releases RE:Flex, a morphing and warping sparks� plugin set for Discreet� Systems.
RE:Flex delivers intuitive morphing and warping to Discreet Systems users! RE:Flex combines ease-of-use with visually stunning results within the familiar advanced sparks* framework. Superior results are achieved using RE:Vision Effects’ proprietary and sophisticated technology. RE:Flex consists of two plugins : RE:Flex Warp and RE:Flex Morph and is availabe for flint�, flame�, fire�, inferno� and smoke� (see our website for exact compatibility).
RE:Flex is the first morphing program that combines hand feature-matching with automatic image registration. After aligning the hand matched shapes, RE:Flex uses the tracking found in RE:Vision’s acclaimed Twixtor product to automatically align the non-handmatched parts of the image. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses spline technology that behaves very much like inferno, flame and flint’s own roto tools to direct the warping and morphing.
Features common to both plugins:
* Warping is directed through drawing tools (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points!
* Geometries need not be closed shapes.
* Smooth non-polygonal warping.
* Working image resolution control provides the desired level of interaction.
* 8 and 12 bits per channel support.
* Multi-processor enhanced.
* Support for Batch.
RE:Flex Warp Features:
* Warping is directed using sets of “from” geometries and “to” geometries at each frame.
* The amount of warping can be specified and animated with one number.
* Variable amount of warping between “from” and “to” geometries can be specified per-shape.
RE:Flex Morph Features:
* Morph from still to still or one moving sequence to another.
* Speed of the warp for each spline can be set individually.
* Rate of dissolve can be set individually for each spline.
* Automatic alignment feature that can be used in conjunction with hand-alignment for a combination of user and automatic feature correspondence.
RE:Flex is currently available for IRIX and is scheduled to be available on Linux later this year. RE:Flex sparks for Discreet Systems is priced at $995.00.
Demo software, tutorials, example movies and purchasing details are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com. RE:Flex continues as well to be available for Apple Shake, Adobe After Effects and Discreet combustion.
RE:Flex is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc.
flame, flint, inferno, smoke, fire, sparks and Discreet are registered trademarks of discreet.