RE:Vision Effects releases Twixtor, their popular retiming solution, for SOFTIMAGE�|XSI� animation software.
Twixtor 4.5 raises the bar in motion estimation. Nick Brooks, Academy Award and Emmy Award winner for visual effects says, “Twixtor 4.5 represents a new touchstone in retiming. The difference in accuracy means that retiming artifacts are either drastically reduced or disappear on the hardest to retime footage. ”
Twixtor runs as an FxTree operator within SOFTIMAGE|XSI and provides the following features:
* Calculation of motion vectors at each pixel.
* Warping and interpolation of frames to “time warp” input footage.
* Available within a Clip Effect context; for example, to retime image sequences used as textures in RenderTree.
* Keyframeable retiming by frame number or by speed, for complete control on the retiming.
* Ability to mark cut points so that material with edits can be retimed without breaking the material into pieces first.
* The motion vectors that Twixtor generates internally can be exported.
* Support for a foreground-background separation matte. This is useful when crossing objects in a scene make tracking problematic.
* Ability to guide Twixtor’s motion estimation with up to 12 user-defined tracking points. In addition, 4 UFO trackers operator result can be piped into Twixtor. By using the tracking points you can explicitly tell Twixtor where a pixel moves from one frame to the next in order to guide Twixtor’s calculation of motion vectors.
* Twixtor can also remap time by using supplied motion vectors (e.g. from a shader).
* Twixtor can also be guided by 3D points and curves coming from the 3D Scene; for example, if you have 3D-tracked a sequence, laying down registration lines in 3D will enhance Twixtor’s precision or may permit more extreme view changes.
* Twixtor XSI is priced at $695.00.
* XSIbatch ?Render-Only? nodes are available for $165.00.
* Volume pricing available. Contact email@example.com.
* Windows and Linux.
* XSI version 4.0 or later, including version 5. Requires Essentials or Advanced.
* Softimage|XSI 64 bit systems not yet supported.
Twixtor continues to be supported for Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Autodesk combustion, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid editing systems, Autodesk Discreet Systems (sparks), Eyeon’s Digital Fusion, Apple’s Shake, Quantel and others. Demo versions, sample footage and tutorials are available on the RE:Vision Effects website: http://www.revisionfx.com .
Twixtor is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Avid, SOFTIMAGE and XSI are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.