RE:Vision Effects releases PV Feather for Adobe After Effects.
RE:Vision Effects announces the immediate availability of PV Feather, a per-vertex feathering control plugin for Adobe® After Effects® 6.5 and up. Users have been requesting better feathering control within After Effects for quite some time, and PV Feather now fills that void. PV Feather (the “PV” stands for “per vertex”) performs feathering by using an inner mask for filling, and an outer mask for feather control. The distance between the inside and outside mask controls the amount of feather. PV Feather uses AE’s built-in mask splines, so there there is no new spline interface to learn!
* 8, 16 bit per channel and floating point image support
* Variable feathering controlled by inner and outer masks
* Ability to move in tandem the corresponding control points of the inner and outer masks
* AE’s own mask primitives are used, so there is no new spline or keyframing interface to learn
* Automatic offsetting of masks
* Ability to offset only selected mask points
* Uses AE’s motion blur shutter and angle settings
* Option to use ReelSmart Motion Blur on matte produced (instead of AE’s multiple time sampling method)
Matt Silverman of Phoenix Editorial | Designs says “The built-in masking tools inside Adobe After Effects have always been one of its few shortcomings. PV Feather is a major breakthrough and allows us to do complex per-vertex feathering directly inside After Effects instead of having to jump into other compositors or dedicated rotoscoping applications. Like other RE:Vision Effects plug-ins, PV Feather is now an indispensable tool in our toolbox.”
Rick Gerard of Gerard Productions says “Wow, we’ve needed something like this for a long time. PV Feather has made my life much easier.”
Curtis Sponslor of AniMill says, “Though After Effects has a powerful and usable masking toolset, I always need to utilize multiple masks compounding upon one-another to isolate various elements. PV Feather instantly simplifies my work flow by reducing the number of masks I’m forced to apply. I can now add one master mask, easily manipulate its variable density falloff, and eliminate the usual cluster of subtraction masks I used to build. It’s another Must Have from RE:Vision Effects.”
* After Effects 6.5 and up, including After Effects CS3
* Mac OX 10.2.8 and up. Native Intel support on Macintosh for After Effects CS3
* Windows 2000, XP and up
* PV Feather is priced at $69.95.
* Render-only licenses are $13.99. Render-only licensing is for use with After Effects’ render-only mechanism (aerender and Watch Folder). Note that the PV Feather render-only licenses only work on projects written with a full license, so you must have at least one full license for the render-only licenses to be valid.
* Volume pricing available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com .
PV Feather is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Features, pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.