RE:Vision Effects releases Video Gogh 3.
Video Gogh turns your videos into moving paintings, using RE:Vision Effects optical flow technology to move brush strokes without stuttering artifacts. Video Gogh 3 opens up other possibilities in motion graphic design by introducing the option for users to define their own brushes, which may be animated. Version 3 adds a substantial amount of new visual effects opportunities that many have requested over the years.
Some of the features include:
* Three default brush styles included: Oily, Watercolor and Chalk.
* Custom Brush Set (up to 10): now included is support for animated and custom brush sets. Users can supply custom brush images and for each select different render styles (including render directly as sprite).
* A new “Non-Additive Blending” mode allows you to make properly semi-transparent layers.
* Video Gogh 3 provides an option to paint over the original sequence to avoid holes in result.
* The ability to clip to edges found in the original image is now an option allowing you to paint “tight” or “loose”.
* Users can now control separately the growth and death of brush strokes when they become too distant apart or too clustered.
* A better technique has been introduced that performs much better when objects come into frame as a result of panning or other camera (or object) motion.
* In previous versions the initial distribution of brush strokes was not properly randomized, causing brush strokes to appear located on a grid upon initialization. This is been corrected in version 3.
* Users can now control the variability in brush stroke width (including choosing to have no randomness).
* Motion can be calculated using an alternate clip. This is useful if the original clip has low contrast or is difficult to track. This feature is also useful to facilitate layering small regions of the image with the plugin.
* External motion vectors (eg from Twixtor or your 3D system) are also supported.
* Brush stroke orientation can now be specified using alternate images. In addition, direction maps (e.g. from a 3D system) may be used to control directions the brush strokes orientation.
* 16 bpc channel image support for applications that support 16bpc for After Effects-compatible plugins.
* Video Gogh 3 works Combustion 3.0.4 and over, After Effects 5.0 and up on Windows, After Effects 7.0 and up on Mac, Final Cut Pro 5.1 and up, and Premiere Pro 1.0 and up on Windows and Premiere Pro CS3 and up on Mac. Fusion 5 32b is also now officially supported. Video Gogh 3 will be available in our bundle for Quantel eQ systems available from Video Design Software. Video Gogh may also work in other After Effects-compatible applications; please test the demo before purchase.
* Video Gogh 3 is $119.95 and the upgrade from previous versions is $39.95. Our Effections bundles for After Effects, Combustion, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Fusion now include Video Gogh 3.
Demo material, examples and software are available at http://www.revisionfx.com or visit us in person at IBC, in the plug-in pavilion booth 7-K21.
Video Gogh is a trademark of RE:Vision Effects, Inc. All other trademarks are owned by their respective owners. All pricing and availability subject to change without notice.